Oh geez, I've broken out in splotchy red hives all over my chest and neck. If you could actually see me, I think I'd hyperventilate and then throw up. But, here goes...
I am honored (and humbled) to have been recently recognized by three separate peers, on three separate occasions, as a blog/blogger of particular merit. :) Here are the particulars:
Kristine, the amazingly articulate author of the highly engaging blog, Rescued Insanity, called me a Versatile Blogger. (Secret reveal: I'm honored that she, along with many of you, even subscribes to my blog :).)
I'm supposed to now tell you seven random things about me to illustrate my versatility. Here you go:
- Cooked spinach is a favorite vegetable.
- I can hold my breath swimming underwater for 25+ meters.
- I have never been without a pet.
- My first pet as a legal adult was a "pound" cat named Buster.
- I have terrible handwriting.
- I liked to write plays when I was little (and forced friends and siblings to act them out, in costume).
- I only read the ending of the last Harry Potter book, and would do it again. :)
Now I'm supposed to name some other Versatile Bloggers, but since a few weeks ago I already did (and it included all of you), I'll just be moving on.
So then last week, Hawkeye (Hawk), the handsome and multi-talented Chesapeake Bay Retriever at Brown Dog CBR, and Oscar, the adorable and pawsome young student-Miniature Schnauzer at Oscar the Pooch, both said I was inspirational.
Now that was humbling, since the only things I hope to inspire, with my blog, are a few smiles - and a laugh or two, if I'm lucky. Thanks again, Hawk and OscarBlogger, you inspire me, too!
Speaking of being inspired, I must also pass this award along to 10 other blogs. But let me tell you, there are way more than 10! But rules will be rules, so I went down my list of blog subscriptions and picked 10 blogs that have actually inspired me into action. Yep, these blogs/bloggers have had some tangible influence over me in some way, and here they are, in random order:
- Life with The Horde - Author, Red Dog Mom, is one of the main reasons I'm still around. She, her red dogs and her sense of humor inspired me to tap into my own [sense of humor], and all I can say is, "Who knew?"
- A Tail of Two Cardis - Author, Taryn, inspires me to be a better leader for my dogs. She is passionate about training, her dogs adore her and she makes everything look so easy!
- Darby's Daily - Author, Boo's Mom, makes me want to spin yarn out of my dogs' shedded hair. (Well, not exactly - although I did roll some hair into a cute ball once - but she does make me want to make pretty things - and I'm not exactly crafty.)
- The Daily Corgi - Founder and editor, Laurie Eno, is a dog blogging phenom. Her selfless outpouring of all-things-Corgi and for-Corgis is simply unmatched in the pet blogging world. She makes me want to be a better person. You'll just have to see it to believe it.
- CorgiPals - Author, Paige Davis, started this blog - a sister to The Daily Corgi - purely out of a desire to help Corgis (including mixes) in need. From the homeless to the infirmed, she, along with her vigilant community, is there for the dogs. How can that not be inspiring?
- Little Dogs on Long Leashes - Georgia Little Pea and Her Typist are hilarious (and so doggone smart). How can I say this...they both inspire me to just be me (and by that I mean the me who is crude and probably offensive). They rock!
- According to Gus - Author, Lori, is one of the best reviewers I've ever encountered. I can't wait to follow her gang - including Gus the pooch - on their travels across the U.S. If you've seen (or see) a review on my blog, it's by her example (although, I'm not nearly as good at it as she is).
- Something Wagging this Way Comes - Author, Pamela, inspires me to put on my Thinking Cap (yes, I sometimes have to take off the Dunce Cap first). I always look forward to her insightful (and often amusing) tales about Honey, her Golden Retriever.
- Of Pit Bulls & Patience - Author, Jenny, is a dog trainer, owner of rescues, Skye (the Pittie) and Parker (the Schnauzer mix), and a sometimes foster dog-mom. Let's see...she has the "patience of Job," a heart of gold, is funny and takes amazing photos. She inspires hope in humanity. :)
- George The Lad - George (the Welsh Terrier) and his Mom are among the best tour guides in Great Britain. Not only are they witty, but they have a way with photographs that makes me want to sell bloody everything and move across The Pond! (Is that wrong?)
Lastly, but definitely not the least, Oscar the Pooch's person, OscarBlogger, has kindly nominated me for one of these, in the category of Funniest Blog or Blogger:
I have to admit, I didn't know much about Dogtime's Pet Blog Awards until recently - and I would have simply accepted the nomination quietly - except that the winners each get $500 to donate to an animal shelter of choice - and well, since somtimes I'm funny - I'VE DECIDED TO BEG FOR MORE VOTES. :) How's that for humility? :)
P.S. You can nominate as many pet blog/bloggers as you like, in any category. I have even nominated another blogger in the same category in which I've been nominated. Nominations close on June 29, 2011. Thank you.
And, thanks for being the best blog friends and readers a girl could ask for!