1. I don't like hosting giveaways on this blog. It feels awkward, probably because by design, giveaways are not funny (especially when one doesn't win), and therefore, don't fit in with the whole kooky theme I've got going on here. That and they're potentially humiliating. As in what if NO ONE ENTERS?! Then what? Isn't it basically just confirmation (in front of all 7 of one's loyal readers, who were, incidentally, too embarrassed to enter, plus the rest of the free world) that all those page hits were really just people Googling for "butt jokes" or photos of Aquasaurs (for example)? Can you imagine the horror?! ;)
2. I have been shamelessly entering a bunch of giveaways over here (hint: the blog name rhymes with "The Why-oneer Flummon"). And I really hope I win something!
Thanks for listening.
So, here I am. Randomly hosting a random (and potentially embarrassing*) $25 Etsy gift card giveaway - because I just feel like it!
|Maddox's collar and tag = awesome Etsy finds!|
Also, because every time I see Maddox in his handmade sock monkey collar and tag (ordered from Etsy, and blogged about here), I bust out in a smile all over my face and feel like giving something away!
The rules are easy: Simply leave a comment (one per person, please) stating something you are good at hand-making!
(And please don't tell me "nothing," because I know good and well that you can at least spread peanut butter between two slices of white bread!)
On Saturday (12/15) morning, I will select one (1) winner from the comments (using a random number generator) and make an announcement on Facebook and Twitter (hint: you will need to go to one of those two places to see if you've won).
Necessary fine print:
- If you are a spammer, I will find your comment, pan fry it and then feed it to my friend, Mr. D. Lete Button.
- This contest is open worldwide, however, Etsy gift cards are only accepted at U.S.-based sellers who accept credit cards as payment. (Both sellers I mentioned above, for example, meet the criteria.) You are responsible for ensuring the seller ships to your country of residence.
- The winner will receive one (1) $25 Etsy gift card, sent electronically (via email) directly from Etsy. You may provide your e-mail address when claiming your prize.
- This random giveaway is sponsored by The Chronicles of Cardigan. Etsy doesn't know me from a hole in the wall!
* Please enter the contest, or I'll have to blame poor Maddox for my embarrassment.