Thanks to Laurie Eno at The Daily Corgi, whom I persuaded* (with no less than NINE** adorable photos of Jon Farleigh and Dewi
driving sitting in the front seat of my car) to add the link to my "out-of-the-ordinary" caption challenge (to benefit CorgiAid) to her Facebook fan page (with somewhere near a trillion likes)...
[pauses to inhale]
...Dewi's photo-captioning post from three days ago is now the 6th most viewed post I've ever published.
So therefore, it's only natural that I've been
fretting mulling over the possible reasons why only five percent of those who paid Dewi's photo a visit actually submitted a caption!
|I'm sorry; have we met?|
...because you left without giving me something ridiculous to say!
And now - mostly to make myself feel better - I'd like to offer just five of the several possible reasons why (I can't help but think) so many of you left...without so much as a peep!:
- Your "commenting" hand has inexplicably fallen off. (ouch)
- You are a professional dog-photo-captioner and didn't want to "show up" the nice people whose captions could never be as awesome as yours.
- You were going to leave a caption, but then you thought to yourself, "If that comment-grubbing hussy really wanted to make a donation to dog rescue, why didn't she just do it, without dragging her poor derpy dog and me into it?!"
(To which I'd say, "That wouldn't have been nearly as much fun, you silly!")
- You accidentally wound up on my blog after searching for "rainbow clip art."
- Your dog ate your comment.
Might one of these pertain to your experience? Think I'm on the right track, here?? ;-)
THERE IS GOOD NEWS, THOUGH!
Even with the above-mentioned commenting "issues," I've still received lots of captions and am over halfway to my donation goal of $50! Yay!
WANT TO JOIN THE FUN AND HELP ME REACH MY GOAL?
Great! You still have through this Friday, February 8, to leave a caption, OVER HERE, please!
* Actually, it wasn't like that at all. Laurie is much too professional and on the up-and-up to succumb to "persuasion" with adorable photos of corgis in cars.
** Not all nine of the photos have been published to The Daily Corgi or its social media appendages. Only two of them have (so far) - HERE and HERE.
Look! Bonus photos of Jon Farleigh and Dewi sharing a doggie "cupcake" for Jon's 3rd birthday!