|How I feel right now|
- Running late; rush out the door and forget breakfast for R & W.
- Get to orthodontist at 8:05 a.m.; park car; while still in car, fumble around in pile of papers for appointment card to drop into bowl for prize drawing; read card; see Thursday, January 6, @ 8:00 a.m. on card; read card three more times being sure to blink hard in between each attempt because eyesight is failing; try hard to remember why R has appointments on both Jan. 3 and Jan. 6; remember that Jan. 3 appointment was cancelled and rescheduled to an office more convenient to R's school; feel really stupid and frustrated; tell R and W that we have to leave and come back on Thursday.
- R and W talk mom (me) into getting them breakfast in the McDonald's drive-thru.
- Sit in drive-thru long enough without moving for W (who is 7) to exclaim, "What's going on?! Do you think they spilled someone's chocolate milk? This isn't good service."
- Order two value meals and Egg McMuffin + large fully leaded coffee (for me).
- Get up to window to pay; girl asks, "Did you get an Egg McMuffin meal?"; answer, "Yes" while thinking (plus a bunch of other stuff); hand girl debit card (don't remember hearing price quoted); take receipt and card; shove both in console.
- At pick-up window, lady starts to hand me a really small bag and some OJ; "Not mine," I say; eyes roll; girl who took my debit card shows up to inform me I still owe her some $; hand back card; take correct bag of food and most importantly - coffee; listen to nice lady in window explain why it's not a good idea for McDonald's to have two drive thru windows going at the same time; take new receipt and card.
- Drive R to school out in the middle of nowhere; go inside and tell Attendance lady that R was late due to an orthodontist appt. (no, it wasn't completely true, but that was my story).
- Drive W to school 20 miles in opposite direction; nature called while waiting in car in bus loop for what seemed like eternity.
- Release dogs; clean up rug fibers.
- Visit "Girls'" room; there's no TP; get TP from laundry room.
- Feed Cardi Boys.
- Reluctantly call vet to make appointment for Jon Farleigh's neuter; schedule for this Thursday, Jan. 6; blood quickly drains from my head into my stomach (my poor baby!).
- Read e-mail; discover calendar ordered online this weekend is now 30% off.
- Notice Cardi Boys are not underfoot and house is too quiet; call boys, but only Dewi comes; Dewi barks and sits up on hind quarters (potty dance?); follow Dewi to back door, but instead Dewi leads me to bottom of stairs; notice Jon Farleigh smiling at top of stairs (he can go up, but won't come down); discover nature's calling card on carpet; remind self that Jon's still mentally a puppy; clean up carpet; take Boys outside; come back inside.
- Five minutes later notice Cardi Boys are not underfoot and strange muffled sound is coming from family room; discover both dogs huddled in corner under real Christmas tree (yes, it's still up); find chewed off lower branch attached to mouths of both Jon and Dewi - pine needles and mangled bark everywhere (need to look up whether Frasier Fir sap is harmful to dogs); clean up tree mess.
- Remember why I was dreading the kids going back to school = me alone with bored Cardi Boys. [sigh]
|Dewi howling (Jon behind him); ex-pen has been pushed into middle of room; edge of wool rug has been shorn|